Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mose Carline and Elizabeth Boyce's children

Our grandparents had 11 children.Two died when they were young,and nine grew up and had families of their own. Alberta or Elberta was 9 years when she died. She was hooked or gored in the stomach by a cow. Buried in Bayou Chene. They had a son named Mose, he was 12 years old when he died with meningitis. I had known about him for a long time. When visiting Uncle Binky, I asked him about Mose. He is the one who gave me the cause of death and age of death. Buried in Bayou Chene.

Alberta Persilver Blakeman

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 15, 2007 at 4:26 AM , Blogger Carline Family said...

Alberta,
I thank you so much for your comment. This is the first time I heard this. Do you have any idea about when Mose was born?

Dolly

 
At May 15, 2007 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am learning things about our family that either I didn't know or forgot. Thanks, Dolly, for your hard work. Who would have ever thought we would be re-connecting with our wonderful cousins and their families. This is so much fun.

Dee

 
At June 13, 2007 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Carline Family said...

While I was in Louisiana I visited Uncle Binky and asked him about Mose. He said that Mose was born either just before Uncle Bill or just after. After looking at my information I would guess that he was born in 1906,1907 or 1908. He couldn't have been born before Uncle Bill because Elizabeth was born in 1904 and Bill was born nine months later. Uncle Binky said that Mose died when he was 13 and was bent backward in a circle due to meningitis.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home